Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bulk Invoing
06-20-2021, 06:59 PM,
Bulk Invoing
Good day team this questions was asked previously any one with the solution can help me. I need to implement weberp in school environment where invoiced are raised per student or grade. Single invoicing works well but bulk is not working. How can i go about to implement bulk invoicing.

Regards

Lukwiso
06-20-2021, 07:21 PM,
RE: Bulk Invoing
If it was me I would do this using customer types. So for your example, I would setup a customer type of "Form 2", and then allocate all the form 2 students to this type. Then the sales scripts would just need altering to give the option of choosing a customer type, rather than a sole customer, and then while the scripts are posting, they can just cycle through all the customer codes from that type, and create relevant entries. This would be flexible enough to allow individual invoices to be emended while leaving the rest of the group unchanged.

Thanks
Tim
06-22-2021, 04:18 AM,
(06-20-2021, 07:21 PM)falkoner Wrote: If it was me I would do this using customer types. So for your example, I would setup a customer type of "Form 2", and then allocate all the form 2 students to this type. Then the sales scripts would just need altering to give the option of choosing a customer type, rather than a sole customer, and then while the scripts are posting, they can just cycle through all the customer codes from that type, and create relevant entries. This would be flexible enough to allow individual invoices to be emended while leaving the rest of the group unchanged.

Thanks
Tim
Kindly share scrips on how that can be accomplished. i am not very good in php but  the modification will help a lot.
06-23-2021, 02:41 PM,
Any member who can help me with scripts sample to achieve bulk invoicing is highly welcome.
06-23-2021, 07:18 PM,
Hi Henry, I hope this doesn't sound harsh, but the problem is that you are asking a developer (probably me) to give up a few days of their life writing a feature that nobody else has asked for before, whilst offering nothing in return. This change is quite complicated to code (I did have a look to see if it could be done simply) and so would require quite a bit of work. In my experience there are two ways to get stuff like this done. Firstly you could pay a developer to do it. There are Kenyans who are skilled in PHP, and could do it for you. Secondly there is contributing back to the project. Writing PHP code is a small part of the work of a project, there are many areas you can contribute to, such as documentation, translations etc. People are far more inclined to help you if you help them in return.

As I say, I am not trying to be harsh, just realistic.

Tim