Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Database name and user
04-05-2013, 06:09 PM,
Database name and user
Hi can anyone help.
I change the database name in the weberp-new.sql script to web122-apple database and the script runs good.

I then run the install and afterwards the normal weberp logon screen comes up. The problem is the company name comes up as weberp_apple and not weberp-apple.

The script seems to change the dash in the database name (-)to an underscore (_) and the logon company name is then called web122_apple
I cannot logon with this company name. I know I am missing something but not sure what?

Help appreciated.
Thanks Paul
04-05-2013, 08:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-07-2013, 09:15 AM by phil.)
RE: Database name and user
This is an error in the installer. The Replace_Dodgy_Characters() makes no sense to me especially for the database name.

All you need to do is to rename the companies/weberp_apple directory to be companies/weberp-apple and it should work fine.

Thanks
Tim
04-06-2013, 07:14 PM,
Thanks Tim I will try it .

Paul
04-06-2013, 08:25 PM,
HI Tim
Your solution worked - many thanks saved me a lot of time.
07-01-2013, 10:33 PM,
My problem is related to this, but slightly different: I am trying to install webERP on a shared linux host which prefixes database names and database usernames with the server login name. Fore example, if my server login is 'mylogin', then any database I create is prefixed with 'mylogin_' and any database username is prefixed with same.

In the config.php file, do I prefix the DBuser with 'mylogin_'? What about the company name? I have tried all combinations with no success.
07-02-2013, 07:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-02-2013, 07:30 AM by phil.)
The name of the directory under companies needs to match exactly with the name of the database.
So in your case you need a companies directory

webERP/companies/mylogin_yourcompanyname

The file config.php needs to contain the appropriate mysql user and mysql user password to access the database mylogin_yourcompanyname

If all else fails - have a good read through the manual installation instructions at webERP/doc/INSTALL.txt

HTH
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz
07-03-2013, 02:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-03-2013, 02:43 AM by rsawoseyin.)
(07-02-2013, 07:29 AM)phil Wrote: The name of the directory under companies needs to match exactly with the name of the database.
So in your case you need a companies directory

webERP/companies/mylogin_yourcompanyname

The file config.php needs to contain the appropriate mysql user and mysql user password to access the database mylogin_yourcompanyname

If all else fails - have a good read through the manual installation instructions at webERP/doc/INSTALL.txt

HTH

Thanks, I finally got it working. The main issue, in my experience, is that the installation instruction is misleading. It says if your server automatically prepends a prefix to DBname, you should give the database name without the prefix, and then enter the prefix separately. The only thing that eventually worked for me was to include the prefix in both the DBname and DBuser, exactly the way my shared host server handles them.