Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Payments.php Modification
04-06-2013, 04:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-07-2013, 09:14 AM by phil.)
RE: Payments.php Modification
(04-05-2013, 08:17 PM)etainse Wrote: Hi Ricard,

Yes I understand and like the reasoning behind the expense code. In fact I would like to extend that to other areas of webERP. The particular use case I have in mind here is for something like motor vehicle fuel. If for example I have one GL account for motor vehicle fuel, but a tag for each vehicle, eg T123 ABC and T987ZYX then I could get away with having the one expense code in Petty cash, and then tag the expense for each vehicle when the expenses were authorised. The only person who would see the tag would be the authoriser. Does this make any sense to you?

Thanks
Tim

Hi Tim:

The authorizer should not do anything besides ticking (or not tickining) the authorizing box. Authorizer can't decide if one expense goes to one tag or another (I guess it is the task of the admin when setting up the PC expenses). Authorizer just double checks that expenses done "make sense", have the legal receipt and then it is posted in GL.

But I do not see why authorizer should decide anything about tags. Usually it is a supervisor of a team, probably without accounting background.

Well, just my 2 cents...
Regards,
Pak Ricard
04-12-2013, 10:37 AM,
RE: Payments.php Modification
Tim said by email:

Hi Ricard,

The problem from our point of view is that the tag could and often
does change with each time the expense code is used. Think for
instance of the motor vehicle fuel example. Often when the tab and the
expense code are being setup nobody knows what vehicle will be used. I
understand the GL code shouldn't be changed by an authoriser, but in
our use case the tag is. As it is the authoriser has to be able to go
into the expenses setup to change the tag each time, and they then
have access to the GL code which is not optimal.
---------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Tim:
I understand your POV but I can't see it as a general rule.

One option is to code it with a configuration flag "tags to be set by supervisor (Y/N)" and both approaches will be happy. We can keep the "No" as now, and with "yes" the appropriate fields can be displayed for the supervisor to change.

Does it seem OK? Anyone else has a different or similar idea?
Regards,
Pak Ricard