Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MRP - Lead Time for Phantom Parts
10-19-2018, 07:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-19-2018, 07:25 PM by VortecCPI.)
MRP - Lead Time for Phantom Parts
We have standard products which are Manufactured Parts consisting of subassemblies which are Phantom Parts in webERP. Since there is no Purchase Data associated with Phantom Parts there is no Lead Time. On the shop floor there is for sure Lead Time associated with these subassemblies so it seems we should have a way to assign the same. I manually created a record in the PurchData table and it worked as expected. Perhaps we need default Lead Time in the StockMaster table?

Also... Low/Min/Safe level setting is required...

We used Phantom Parts because we do not want them to show up as available for Sales Orders.

Is anybody else doing something similar to this?
https://www.linkedin.com/in/eclipsepaulbecker
10-19-2018, 09:35 PM,
RE: MRP - Lead Time for Phantom Parts
Maybe we need a separate script that updates the purchdata table with just the relevant information for manufactured parts, leaving the other script to just deal with purchased parts? Wouldn't be very hard to do.

Tim
10-19-2018, 11:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-20-2018, 12:09 AM by VortecCPI.)
I am doing testing by manually adding entries in the LocStock and PurchData tables and MRP is functioning as expected. Suggested POs and WOs and associated dates are all working perfectly.

We have subassemblies within subassemblies so EPQ, Lead Time, and Low/Min/Safe Level values are required. For now I have created a Vendor/Supplier representing the shop floor so I can make entries in the PurchData table. While this works it is a hack as the only way to adjust Lead Time is to edit the PurchData table and the only way to adjust Low/Min/Safe is to edit the LocStock table.

If others are making use of phantom subassemblies this would be a very useful feature. In this context we are actually making subassemblies for stock so we can assemble the finished product in less time. Technically the finished product is a sort of Assembly but it is marked as Manufactured so MRP will function...
10-20-2018, 12:39 AM,
Well it doesn't really make sense to enter purchasing data for any manufactured part, so the script I was suggesting would work for any manufactured part, not just phantoms.

Tim
10-20-2018, 01:05 AM,
(10-20-2018, 12:39 AM)falkoner Wrote: Well it doesn't really make sense to enter purchasing data for any manufactured part, so the script I was suggesting would work for any manufactured part, not just phantoms.

Tim

I agree 100%. As the Part is not purchased the data belongs elsewhere...