Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bank Account Balance at Payment - SOLVED
12-30-2017, 12:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-30-2017, 02:04 AM by VortecCPI.)
Bank Account Balance at Payment - SOLVED
It sure would be nice to show the Bank Account balance at the Payments Entry page (Payments.php)

So how about this...

Attached Files
.php   Payments.php (Size: 52.55 KB / Downloads: 1)
https://www.linkedin.com/in/eclipsepaulbecker
12-30-2017, 01:57 AM,
RE: Bank Account Balance at Payment - SOLVED!
Hi Paul, There are circumstances where the company might not want the clerk entering the transaction to know the bank account balances.

Tim
12-30-2017, 02:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-30-2017, 02:03 AM by VortecCPI.)
(12-30-2017, 01:57 AM)falkoner Wrote: Hi Paul, There are circumstances where the company might not want the clerk entering the transaction to know the bank account balances.

Tim

Very interesting. Since I mostly work with S/M businesses this would never be an issue. How hard would it be to add security to this little piece? Does webERP just check for overdraft and give a warning when cutting checks?

I know FOR SURE our accountant (and one of the owners) will require this as they are big QB fans.
12-30-2017, 03:11 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-30-2017, 03:14 AM by TurboPT.)
RE: Bank Account Balance at Payment - SOLVED
Paul, know that there were several other improvements applied to the Payments.php script after the 4.14.1 release. (back in October)

The changes/details can be found here, if those additions might be useful.

=====

As to hiding the balance, I wonder if it would be done in a similar manner the way prices are hidden in some areas, but I'm not sure, checking now...
12-30-2017, 03:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-30-2017, 03:21 AM by VortecCPI.)
(12-30-2017, 03:11 AM)TurboPT Wrote: Paul, know that there were several other improvements applied to the Payments.php script after the 4.14.1 release. (back in October)

The changes/details can be found here, if those additions might be useful.

=====

As to hiding the balance, I wonder if it would be done in a similar manner the way prices are hidden in some areas, but I'm not sure, checking now...

Wow... Lots of changes in there. Thank you!

I've got a formatting issue when I use the newest version:

12-30-2017, 03:39 AM,
(12-30-2017, 02:01 AM)VortecCPI Wrote: Very interesting. Since I mostly work with S/M businesses this would never be an issue. How hard would it be to add security to this little piece? Does webERP just check for overdraft and give a warning when cutting checks?

I know FOR SURE our accountant (and one of the owners) will require this as they are big QB fans.

I have to say as an accountant I hate QB in any environment except where one person is doing all transactions and all the reporting. It allows the circumventing of most of the controls normal to accounts departments.

In most of the companies I have worked in the authorising of payments is separate to the processing on the ERP system. This is also true in webERP as it will allow the processing of the payment whatever the state of the bank account on the system.

Remember the balance of the account is dependent on the sequence of the transactions being entered. If the person entered all the payments for a day before entering the receipts the account could swing overdrawn but you wouldn't want it to disallow the transactions.

Tim
12-30-2017, 03:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-30-2017, 03:57 AM by TurboPT.)
Paul,

...I'm not seeing the same formatting issue:

[Image: 2m5jldx.png]

...so I wonder if that might possibly be CSS related somehow. What theme is in use there? (mine is currently set to 'xenos')
12-30-2017, 04:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-30-2017, 04:54 AM by VortecCPI.)
(12-30-2017, 03:39 AM)falkoner Wrote:
(12-30-2017, 02:01 AM)VortecCPI Wrote: Very interesting. Since I mostly work with S/M businesses this would never be an issue. How hard would it be to add security to this little piece? Does webERP just check for overdraft and give a warning when cutting checks?

I have to say as an accountant I hate QB in any environment except where one person is doing all transactions and all the reporting. It allows the circumventing of most of the controls normal to accounts departments.

In most of the companies I have worked in the authorising of payments is separate to the processing on the ERP system. This is also true in webERP as it will allow the processing of the payment whatever the state of the bank account on the system.

Remember the balance of the account is dependent on the sequence of the transactions being entered. If the person entered all the payments for a day before entering the receipts the account could swing overdrawn but you wouldn't want it to disallow the transactions.

Tim

I can not disagree with any of your points but when the owners want a feature they get the feature, whether it is best/usual practice or not. Our Owner/Accountant has requested a lot of features because they are things he is used to having. This is a small business (in terms of resources) and all webERP users are also owners and have access to all financial data. Non-owner salesmen do not have ANY access to webERP -- They operate solely in SuiteCRM. Later the two systems will be tired together via automation/integration.

As far as QB... He wanted to try to do this entire project in QB! Are you kidding me? This environment is a bit of a hybrid because we have an "All Hands On Deck" startup where the hands are those of the owners.

As far as ERP+Financials agreed as well. This was a big problem area for my customer that recently switched from Made2Manage to ECi M1 ERP. Many low-end ERP systems do a lousy job with financials or leave it out altogether. ECi M1 ERP was one of the few that tied it all together and it does a so-so job.

It may not be the best/usual case but it IS the case... In this case...
(12-30-2017, 03:53 AM)TurboPT Wrote: Paul,

...I'm not seeing the same formatting issue:

[Image: 2m5jldx.png]

...so I wonder if that might possibly be CSS related somehow. What theme is in use there? (mine is currently set to 'xenos')

Yes -- I would guess CSS issue as "defualt" theme often puts things to the left when they should be at the center.

Perhaps "default" theme should be repaired or discarded?
In the Dashboard.php page we restrict access to Bank Account data via the following:

if (in_array($CashSecurity, $_SESSION['AllowedPageSecurityTokens']) OR !isset($CashSecurity)) {

Perhaps the same can be used for the bank Account balances on Payments.php?

Attached Files
.php   Payments.php (Size: 53.14 KB / Downloads: 1)
12-30-2017, 06:05 AM,
Ok, I see the same formatting matter with the default theme, so I'll look into that issue.
01-02-2018, 03:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-02-2018, 03:40 PM by TurboPT.)
Paul,

Fixed/repaired the default CSS to avoid the formatting issue that you noted earlier. Committed to SVN.

For the change(s) to be realized, I had to clear the browser cache, logout, reload the login page, and then login to ensure the corrections were present as expected.

If you cross any other formatting issue(s) with the default theme, let me know. I checked as many areas as I could, and I did not see the strange formatting behavior at the payments page or the other areas that were navigated.