Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issues connecting to database
08-24-2017, 08:23 AM,
Issues connecting to database
Hi,

I had ERP installed on a shared hosting server for the last 3 weeks without any issues and then it started coming up with the attached error message (this is the similar message that I am getting on the 3rd new install on 2 different hosting providers).

Any suggestions? Since the problem with the one that was working ok until yesterday I have installed it from fresh install files on 3 different sites and 2 different hosts. 3 different mysql databases and the username and passwords have been checked.

Thanks,
Andrew

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

08-25-2017, 01:23 AM,
RE: Issues connecting to database
Your user name is bigwindm_sigi82 with the database called bigwindm_sigi84b (different numbers) is this intentional?

Also is the database on the same virtual machine as the web server? Some hosting companies use different virtual machines.

Tim
08-25-2017, 06:35 AM,
Hi,
Thanks for your help. The username is different to the database so it is intentional.

I do not know what you mean about the database being on the same virtual machine. The mysql database is provided under the same package as the webspace.

Any other suggestions?
Thanks,
Andrew
08-25-2017, 07:15 AM,
Your database host is set to localhost meaning it is on the same machine as the web server. Some hosting companies (I seem to recall godaddy doing it) have a different IP address for the web server and the database server. It's just a thought.

Tim