Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue with BackupDatabase.php
07-31-2014, 02:06 AM,
Issue with BackupDatabase.php
Hello Forum:
I recently installed webERP on my hosting account and so far everything is going ok. But when I tried to run a backup of my sample database I encountered a problem. The window indicates that the backup was successfully created, then I attempt to download the backup and I get an error message that the file does not exist. I searched through the correct directory where the file should be and found nothing. The directory has the correct write permission, but I found nothing. Could someone assist me with this issue? Thanks
07-31-2014, 02:45 AM,
RE: Issue with BackupDatabase.php
Add the following to the script...between lines 35 and 36.
echo $Command;
Then take this output and login to your server using ssh and execute the same command.
See if there are any errors.
07-31-2014, 07:54 PM,
RE: Issue with BackupDatabase.php
Very often web-hosts disable the php exec() function in the php.ini file. The exec function is used to execute mysqldump - modern versions of PHP allow you to add your own php.ini under the web-server folder and add the line

disable_functions=""
in your php.ini

Or it could be that mysqldump is not available in the path. It is not so easy when you don't control the server environment. However, I have most often found I can get this to work on most shared hosts by manipulating the php.ini as described.
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz