Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
upper case letter in the database/company name .....
10-29-2013, 03:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-22-2013, 11:23 PM by vdonatiello.)
upper case letter in the database/company name .....
Hello,

i am afraid i failed to set up properly the database setting and it did not connect to the database ...

i would like to try again with the installer ... how do i get a second try? i suppose there shoud be another way rather than empty the webfolder and re-upload from scratch and re-try

many thanks for your advice

=====

Warning: mysqli_connect(): (42000/1044): Access denied for user 'Sql519867'@'%' to database 'weberpdemo' in /web/htdocs/www.lifestyleandmore.it/home/erp/includes/ConnectDB_mysqli.inc on line 17 Warning: mysqli_set_charset() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, boolean given in /web/htdocs/www.lifestyleandmore.it/home/erp/includes/ConnectDB_mysqli.inc on line 23 Connect failed: Access denied for user 'Sql519867'@'%' to database 'weberpdemo'

10-30-2013, 02:45 AM,
RE: 1st try failed, how do i access the installer panel again?
(10-29-2013, 07:14 PM)timschofield Wrote: Hi, just remove the config.php file and it should re-run the installation.

thanks Tim, i did and it worked ...

but i am afraid to make the same mistake and i will take advantage of your guys kindness and ask for more advices on database setting ..... i also have read some other post warning about the underscore character in the database name .....

• host name: i suppose it should be something like "xxx.149.150.146" instead leaving "localhost"
  • database name: should it be "Sql519867_1"? (one of the 5 database included in my package)
  • database prefix: should i insert "_1" or no need since i have already wrote in the previous step?
  • database username: clear
  • batabase password: clear

many thanks indeed

10-30-2013, 05:13 PM,
(10-30-2013, 05:38 AM)timschofield Wrote: host name is as you say. database name is fine. leave prefix blank. your host company should supply you with db username and password. thanks tim

Thanks Tim,
i have tried again and sadly failed again :-(
database has been created with 139 tables, see below

i didnt change the Company name, i kept "Sql519867_1" as the same of my databese ...

if i try to log into Sql519867_1 company i get this error:

"ERROR Message Report : You do not seem to have a database configured correctly to use with webERP. Check you database exists and there is a corresponding directory in the 'companies' directory of the same name. Contact your system administrator for assistance."

if i try to log into WebERO Demo Company i get this other error:

"Warning: mysqli_connect(): (42000/1044): Access denied for user 'Sql519867'@'%' to database 'weberpdemo' in /web/htdocs/www.lifestyleandmore.it/home/erp/includes/ConnectDB_mysqli.inc on line 17 Warning: mysqli_set_charset() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, boolean given in /web/htdocs/www.lifestyleandmore.it/home/erp/includes/ConnectDB_mysqli.inc on line 23 Connect failed: Access denied for user 'Sql519867'@'%' to database 'weberpdemo'"

any suggestion? where did i make a mistake?

many thanks indeed
10-30-2013, 07:20 PM,
This sounds like the mysql user and password have been incorrectly entered - these need to be set up under cpanel or other shared hosting utility.
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz
10-30-2013, 07:59 PM,
(10-30-2013, 07:20 PM)phil Wrote: This sounds like the mysql user and password have been incorrectly entered - these need to be set up under cpanel or other shared hosting utility.

Hello, thanks for your advice ..... But I am not sure if is the case ..... As I have said I noticed (within my MySQL control panel) that a new database has been created with 139 tables .....
10-31-2013, 04:11 AM,
(10-30-2013, 08:33 PM)timschofield Wrote: The database name and the company name need to be the same. Check that you have a directory under companies/ called Sql519867_1 if not, then just rename companies/weberpdemo/ to companies/Sql519867_1/

Tim

Hello,

i can not change the name of the 5 database included in my web hosting package ... i was tempted the type a better Company name but i was lucky i left the database name :-)

yes, under the companies directory i have 2 companies: "Sql519867_1" and "weberpdemo"

what do you advice me to do now?

many thanks indeed
11-01-2013, 03:06 AM,

i have checked the MySql control panel, there is a database with 139 tables, is that OK? does it mean the installer created correctly the necessary database?

i have checked ander the companies directories that there are 2 company, my company with the same name of the database and the demo company

but everytime i try to log in i always get the same error:

"ERROR Message Report : You do not seem to have a database configured correctly to use with webERP. Check you database exists and there is a corresponding directory in the 'companies' directory of the same name. Contact your system administrator for assistance."

what do you guys think i should???
11-02-2013, 01:42 AM,

it seems the database has been created ...

but the error message keep saying that it can not connect to the database ...

i dont have any idea what i should look for ... htaccess ... directory permission ...

thanks if someone has some idea and tip

Vito
11-02-2013, 07:16 AM,
The weberpdemo company will show as the directory exists in the archive but it is possible you have not made a weberpdemo database - so that would explain the login issue into the demo. We need to look at the installer code to remove the weberpdemo directory I guess so that this anomaly doesn't confuse people.
I am really not sure why if the database has been created you are not able to log in - this must mean that the mysql user and password was correct otherwise no database would have been created.
Email me off list - use my web-site below to get my contact details - with your cpanel login and I will take a look.
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz
11-02-2013, 06:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-02-2013, 06:45 PM by opto.)
I recently had similiar install problems - which actually persist although I have mentioned them in the forums and on nabble.

On Windows (XAMPP, WAMP, Bitnami wamp stack) the problem may be that the max execution time for the installer is not ok.

Therefore, one has the weberpdemo directory and a partial demo database, but the login cannot be found.
I think it is the max execution time.
If I manually put the db into mysql, then I can install.

On XP, Vista, Win 7, on at least 5 different HP brands of computers and mainboards over the years.
Problem was in ver 3, is still in the newest, which I wanted to try a week ago but could still not install. So since we are using weberp and I am member of forum and using the developer list, I have never been able to use the installer on any windows machine.

I think needing to put the db manually into mysql will frighten many potential users away.

Klaus