Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
upper case letter in the database/company name .....
11-14-2013, 03:49 AM,
RE: 1st try failed, how do i access the installer panel again?
that works, and the table has only ca 100 vs 22000 entries.

Still, the generation of the tables still needs 5-10 ins which feels surprising.

One more: there are a few myisam tables between the innodb, is that intentional?

Klaus
11-16-2013, 08:18 PM,
Well these tables are mrp ones created by the mrp calculations and we excluded them from INNODB by design.

Yes we need to ditch a load of periods the demo has got a bit silly as it goes back too far.
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz
11-17-2013, 07:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-17-2013, 07:14 AM by phil.)
Yes it is wrong ... I need to modify the script to create the database ... but it is not life threatening as the tables are simply dropped and recreated - pretty sure you know that though. reports and report links are report writer ones which I know we both feel the same about. I have no time though to rework it though. There are no foreign keys relevant either and no requirement for transactions on these tables.
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
12-09-2013, 07:40 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-09-2013, 07:58 PM by vdonatiello.)
(11-12-2013, 05:06 AM)JosefG Wrote: Update: Resolved the issue. Renamed all directory paths on the web server to lowercase, e.g. weberp instead of webERP, mycompany instead of MyCompany, etc. Now webERP finds all folders and files and things work as they should.

on my webserver, all the webfolder are lowercase (except the actual company called "Sql519867_1", the database name which i can not change from MySql

still can not log in :-(

(11-02-2013, 07:16 AM)phil Wrote: The weberpdemo company will show as the directory exists in the archive but it is possible you have not made a weberpdemo database - so that would explain the login issue into the demo. We need to look at the installer code to remove the weberpdemo directory I guess so that this anomaly doesn't confuse people.
I am really not sure why if the database has been created you are not able to log in - this must mean that the mysql user and password was correct otherwise no database would have been created.
Email me off list - use my web-site below to get my contact details - with your cpanel login and I will take a look.

Dear Phil,
could you please point our where the password is stored ... after many tries i am confused and i want to check if i input a wrong password :-(
thanks a lot
12-11-2013, 07:43 PM,
hello,

i still haven't been able to log into my weberp :-(((

it is a pity but i don't want to waste all the time i put into it by switching to another system, after all if i have chose it there are reasons ...

i was looking online for some solution and i have found this option [ www.softaculous.com/softaculous/apps/erp/webERP ] ... anyone has experienced it? is it a legitimate workaround?

thanks
12-16-2013, 07:18 PM,
Tim,

many thanks for your help

(12-14-2013, 09:09 PM)weberp-forum Wrote: 1 The mysql user name and password need to be stored in the config.php file. This is different than the admin password you created at install.

$DBUser = 'Sql******';
$DBPassword = '********';
within config.php file database user and pw are stored properly :-)

(12-14-2013, 09:09 PM)weberp-forum Wrote: 2 The user passwords are stored in the www_users table. The password is sha1 encoded. There fore to update your password to the work 'password' you would need to do the following:
UPDATE www_users SET password=sha1('password') WHERE userid='admin';

sorry, this step is a little difficult for my little knowledge level ... i dont know "sha1" encoding ... do you mean that i should go into MySql Control Panel, select the table "www_users" and type the following query :
UPDATE www_users SET password=sha1('HereTypeMyNewPassword') WHERE userid='admin';
then run the query and after the user will stay "admin" and the password will be "MyNewPassword" ?

(12-14-2013, 09:09 PM)weberp-forum Wrote: 3 You should have a line near the bottom of your config.php file that reads something like:
$CompanyList[0] = array('database'=>'DBName' ,'company'=>'My Company Ltd' );
where DBName is replaced by the name of your database and My Company Ltd is replaced by the name of your company.

within my config.php file: databese is the actual database name and the company, which during installation i left the same as the database, is the same, both look right

12-17-2013, 06:22 PM,
(12-16-2013, 07:18 PM)vdonatiello Wrote: Tim,

many thanks for your help

(12-14-2013, 09:09 PM)weberp-forum Wrote: 2 The user passwords are stored in the www_users table. The password is sha1 encoded. There fore to update your password to the work 'password' you would need to do the following:
UPDATE www_users SET password=sha1('password') WHERE userid='admin';

sorry, this step is a little difficult for my little knowledge level ... i dont know "sha1" encoding ... do you mean that i should go into MySql Control Panel, select the table "www_users" and type the following query :
UPDATE www_users SET password=sha1('HereTypeMyNewPassword') WHERE userid='admin';
then run the query and after the user will stay "admin" and the password will be "MyNewPassword" ?

i am bit desperate and i tried anyway ...

i inserted a new password in MySql control panel

Code:

and tried to login again ... but i always get the same ERROR

is there any suggestions before abandoning the sinking ship

thanks a lot
12-22-2013, 11:37 PM,
RE: upper case letter in the database/company name .....
Hello webERP friends,

thanks to the help of Tim the problem has been resolved

problem was that my hosting company (Aruba, Italy) in the most common MySql package includes 5 database which names can not be changed by the users and these names include a upper case letter ...

however line 14 of includes/ConnectDB.inc converts the database name
to lower case when searching for the relevant companies directory. hence in my case the companies directory being searched for can
never be the same as the database name, thus webERP will always abort
at this point (as i have read in some other posts advice i left my company name the same as the database)

the solution is to remove the call to the strtolower()
function in line 14 of includes/ConnectDB.inc. This call is wrong
because if the DBMS has allowed upper case characters in the database
name then the directory name should be allowed to also contain upper
case characters

after i removed that function everything works fine :-)

once again (as you can assume from the technicality of the above language, which is too high for my basic level) many thanks for Tim for taking the time to look into the problem and provide the fix

happy webERPing to the community all!
12-23-2013, 05:03 AM,
Excellent news ... and thanks for reporting back so I can modify this.
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
01-03-2014, 09:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-04-2014, 04:40 AM by Forums.)
Phil has decided that upper case characters will not be allowed in database names any more, so he has not implemented the change that Vito gives above. The advice he told me to pass on to Vito was to find another host who conformed to his code, or find another ERP. Those who don't want to do either need to remember to make the above change to includes/ConnectDB.inc each time a new version is installed. webERP has allowed upper case letters in the database name for the last decade so this change of policy could potentially affect a large number of users. It is a shame it has been done with no discussion and no warnings given.

Thanks
Tim